- Check in once an hour while you’re working.
- Say what you’re going to do, and whether you did the thing you said the previous hour.
- Make sure your “going to do”s are concrete enough that you can clearly determine whether or not it’s done.
- Keep it short. It doesn’t matter if other people understand your update. The goal is to charge ahead with the things that matter, not to get caught up in faux-productivity.
- Feel free to use secret code names, abbreviations, or anything else you need for privacy/sanity. (But make sure you’ll remember what it was! See rule #3.)
- Disregard these rules as needed. 😉